* open mind - curiosity vs. judgment
* open heart - compassion vs. cynicism
* open will - relaxing into the unknown vs. fear
Otto Scharmer has shown a parallel with seven sacred teachings from an aboriginal community — humility, honesty, truth, respect, love, bravery, courage:
- humility, honesty, and truth deal with opening the mind (curiosity vs. judgment),
- respect and love deal with opening the heart (compassion vs. cynicism), and
- bravery/courage deals with opening the will (relaxing into the unknown vs. fear).